SO I OPEN UP MY EMAIL and there’s a notification telling me that someone requests my answer to a question on Quora. I tend to ignore these questions as many are idiotic and are just a means for the asker to get some attention on Quora. But the question was “Is it weird that so many people impersonate Elvis?” and I thought I could contribute an entertaining yet accurate answer. Here it is:
As it is mostly men who impersonate Elvis, I will use male impersonators here:
1. Elvis impersonators have fun.
2. Elvis impersonators make other people have fun.
3. Based on the many less-than-impressive Elvis impersonators I have seen, it doesn’t take much to be come one: a little talent, a lot of enthusiasm, and the ability to stand in front of a crowd and let it rip.
4. Some Elvis impersonators get paid.
5. Many Elvis impersonators get laid.
Knowing all this, the question then becomes, “Is it weird that there aren’t more people impersonating Elvis?”
FEATURED IMAGE: The photo at the top of this page was cropped from this photo, taken from the 2001 movie 3,000 Miles To Graceland. The Elvis impersonators are David Arquette, Kurt Russell, Kevin Costner, Christian Slater, and Bokeem Woodbine. I am not going to tell you anything about why they are dressed this way—if you haven’t seen the movie, add it to your must-see list. To check in on the Quora question and read others’ comments and answers, click here.